- The superlative personal efforts of the athletes
- The keen interest and sportsmanship of the largely British crowd towards all competitors
- Handball - what a great game!
- Usain Bolt - for his strutting, immodest joy at winning
- Lisa Carrington - for her gracious, modest joy at winning
- The British medal tally - a sterling effort from a country that used to be joke for its constant sporting failures
- The volunteers that carried out all manner of menial support tasks
- The unabashed celebration of the best at time that Western society tries to pretend we are all equal.
Monday, August 13, 2012
8 Best Aspects of the Olympics
The 30th Olympiad has ended and having earlier set out the 8 worst aspects of the Games, I'd like to close my blogging on the subject on a more positive note - the 8 best aspects: